Koren Publishers Jerusalem is publishing a multi-volume English/Hebrew Bible called "The Land of Israel Tanakh". We are looking for content writers who can research and review material from primary sources and write articles for the Bible for a general English speaking audience.
- Interview academics and other experts in different fields (archaeology, egyptology, near east studies, sites/touring, flora/fauna, etc.)
- Research collections of museums and libraries to find relevant material
- Create English content for a general audience based on the source material
- Work with Koren editors to get content into final form after layout
- Work is outsourced, some meetings at the office but much can be done remotely
- Native English speaker required
- Familiarity with the Biblical text, archaeology, tour guide experience, and/or academic experience in Near East studies or egyptology desired
- Submit writing samples with CV
- Koren Publishers Jerusalem publishes Jewish texts, making them available to an ever expanding audience in multiple languages. The siddur and Tanakh projects at Koren are opening up traditional Jewish texts and sources to a broad community of readers, educators, and students. Koren is located in the Talpiot industrial area in Jerusalem.
Primary Audience: Layman
Budget vs. Ability: Ability is more important
David Arnovitz at email@example.com