The Wix Code team. We are adding new capabilities to the Wix platform that revolutionize the way people work with Wix. We’re looking for an experienced technical writer to be part of our documentation team.
- Someone with a background in programming.
- Experienced documenting APIs.
- Experienced writing conceptual, introductory software documentation for non-technical end users (not just instructional, how-to docs).
- A writer with a minimum of 5 years professional technical writing experience in the user-facing software field.
- Someone who writes English at a mother-tongue level.
- Looking to work in a very dynamic environment and are passionate about technology and technical writing.
- Adapt the “voice” of your documentation from a more technical tone (APIs) to a more conversational and casual tone for long-form docs (overviews, tutorials, walk-throughs).
- Work independently, without a lot of management “hand holding”.
- Transition easily between projects.
- Take the initiative to find the information you need without waiting for it to come to you.
- “Own” the documentation for new Wix Code features. Establish and maintain contacts with various stakeholders (dev, QA, UX, PM) to learn feature functionality and stay up to date on development progress.
- Make suggestions for UI strings and feature names, ensuring consistency across the product.
- Write relevant articles for the Wix support knowledge base.
- Write sections of the Wix Code API documentation.
- Contribute to the Wix Code user forum as needed.
- Participate in user facing events as needed.
Bonus points if you have experience writing technical blogs and/or working on video scripts.