Orr Shalom for Children and Youth at-Risk located in Har Tuv Industrial
Zone, Beit Shemesh
Orr Shalom rescues Israel’s children who have been removed from their homes
by the social welfare services following severe abuse, neglect and tragedy.
By providing safe, loving homes and material, psychological and educational
support, Orr Shalom enables the children in its care to break the cycle of
abuse, overcome their pasts and prepare for life as independent adults.
Orr Shalom is seeking an English speaking writer to join our dynamic
Development Department in our offices in Beit Shemesh. The position is a
50% allocation and will begin in January 2015.
- Grant Proposal writing and reporting to donors (including financial
- Writing and formatting monthly e-newsletters.
- Translations of materials from Hebrew to English.
- Researching new sources of revenue.
- Organizing Fundraising trips abroad (UK and USA).
- Correspondence for English speaking donors
- Admin duties for the individuals department
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Mother-tongue English/High-level Hebrew (fluent spoken and reading)
- Capable of working under pressure
- Driving license
- Familiarity with social welfare issues in Israeli society (particularly
Please send a short cover-letter, a resume, and a writing sample to
Please write Fundraising Position in the subject-line.
Orr Shalom’s website