Freelance Folder has posted a great article entitled Why Freelancing Is Freakin’ Hard. The article addresses the following drawbacks to being a freelancer, and offers advice on how to reduce the negatives.
- Dealing with the feast & famine cycle
- Managing every aspect of business entirely on your own
- Finding time to market yourself, do client work, deal with clients, keep up the administrative stuff, and still grow the business
- Balancing work and life (and often family) while dealing with all of the above
- Getting sick, going on vacation, or otherwise not working 24/7 while still dealing with all of the above