Wix is looking for an experienced technical writer to compose documentation for new and existing developer products. In this role you will work closely with engineers, product managers, and other technical writers to produce accurate, timely, high quality content.
- Planning, writing, and maintaining technical documents, such as developer guides, API references, and tutorials.
- Writing sample code and code snippets.
- Reviewing developer code and adding meaningful comments.
- Performing peer reviews of other technical writers’ work to ensure consistent voice, tone, and quality among all developer documentation.
- Researching and learning new technologies and languages that are relevant to the product.
- Participating in feature specifications and providing overall feedback on UI and UX.
- Native English speaker.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience writing developer documentation, including APIs.
- Able to understand and explain complex systems, code, and implementation and integration processes in simple terms.
- Able to understand the needs of different audiences and modify the tone and voice of documentation accordingly.
- Passionate about technology and technical writing.
- Able to work independently, without a lot of management “handholding”.
- Able to move between projects quickly and fluidly.
- A minimum of 2 years programming experience, preferably web
Jeff Aftel (email@example.com)
Only relevant candidates will receive a response, apologies to others.